Current Job Listings
Employers: You can submit your own job listings to be posted below – we charge $500 to list a job opening for three months. There is no charge for 3AF members to list a job opening.
The Brand Marketing team within the Office of Marketing and Communications (OMC) exists to advance the relevance, resonance, and distinctiveness of Ohio State’s brand by leveraging disciplined and contemporary marketing and communications practices that measurably grow and deepen audience perceptions and affinity, including their understanding of and preference for Ohio State. OMC partners with colleges and units across the university, regional campuses, and with members of the greater Ohio State community to continuously develop and enhance the Ohio State brand while advancing the university’s strategic goals.
The Associate Vice President of Brand Marketing (AVP) is a disciplined marketer, creative strategist, and influential thought leader who is rooted in an audience-centric, data-driven approach and an empathetic understanding of the audience’s current and emerging environment and ecosystem as well as their priorities, motivators, and pain points. As part of the combined office of marketing and communications, this position will have visibility, connectivity, and an integrated role in supporting and assuring the success of overarching university messaging strategy and execution. They will focus on how to most effectively create and optimize experiences for our numerous audiences as well as guiding approaches for implementing and adhering to best practice methodologies and cross-departmental collaborations. This role will work centrally and consultatively across the enterprise to bring the brand to life across channels and mediums to create compelling, optimized, multi/omnichannel, brand, and audience experiences.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the AVP serves on the Senior Leadership Team and supervises and provides leadership to a talented group of people who have responsibility for translating brand strategy into creative, content, and channel strategies. In partnership with his/her peers, this role will work closely with the SVP and OMC’s Senior Leadership Team in evolving the enterprise-level marketing vision and championing a progressive approach to creating the experiences our brand aspires to provide for audiences in a digital world.
The AVP is expected to be competent as a change agent with the ability to see and create momentum toward a vision in a way that is discerning about today’s higher education landscape; a tested leader with a strong sense of the level of partnership and coordination required in complex, multi-stakeholder organizations; a relationship developer who is able to develop strong partnerships at many levels across the university; and a solutions-oriented leader that can coach not only the people but the marketing and brand-building function within the central Office of Marketing and Communications in addition to offering appropriate tools, channels, and resources in support of strategic university initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of ten years of experience creating and managing operational and marketing/communications initiatives targeted to motivate constituencies of a complex organization and demonstrated command of modern marketing practices, strategies, and tactics including digital marketing. Ten years of experience in progressively responsible leadership and management capacity with a marketing organization; including strategic and long-term planning. Proven success with the translation of brand strategy into effective brand experience development and management within complex organizations. Experience in comprehensive digital strategy and planning and executing audience experiences will be essential to success.
Fifteen years of experience; master’s degree; Experience in higher education; Experience leading teams in a matrix organization.
50% – Brand Experience Development & Leadership
Harness creative expression to craft and execute a differentiating brand experience; Accountable for development and deployment of a comprehensive brand framework and architecture, enabling the organization to engage key audiences in a compelling and unified way; Supervising the translation and execution of Ohio State’s brand experience with consideration for the marketing and communications ecosystem for multiple audiences across the institution; Serves on the Executive Leadership Team charged with guiding Brand Marketing team members through ambiguity, creating positive momentum, and encouraging team input; Hires, trains, develops and supervises a team of seasoned marketing and creative professionals; Cultivates thinkers and sets clear expectations and establishes and monitors goals; Provides performance feedback and coaching, and supports professional development; Completes annual performance management procedures; Manages performance issues; Is responsible for using independent, consistent and fair judgement in exercising authority, but with a strong sense of the level of partnership and coordination required in complex, multi-stakeholder organizations; Develops procedures, assigns and prioritizes work, actively participates in annual budgeting and ensures that the resources needed to accomplish work are provided.
25% – Marketing Strategy Planning and Execution
Create and oversee the execution of strategy and engagement plans, supporting Ohio State’s ongoing brand stewardship efforts, while deploying strategies to engage audiences across the institution in support of the university’s strategic priorities; Lead cross-functional teams in developing and evolving ideas to bring together brand goals, business objectives, and audience needs; Oversight of the analytics team to understand performance and other audience measures that can be fed back into strategy and/or used for strategy or channel optimization; Lead the marketing technology efforts to grow channel engagement capabilities, deploy and sustain an elevated web engagement strategy, develop and test new capabilities and construct test and learn strategies that can be leveraged across the institution with our many different audiences.
20% – Efficiency and Effectiveness of Marketing across the Institution
Strengthen Ohio State’s community of marketing and communications practitioners through reimagined and consistent community of practice engagements that drive awareness, grow sensibilities, and deliver efficiencies across key creative and marketing functions; As a central unit and resource, support units and colleges to create brand cohesion and creative/operational efficiencies across integrated marketing and communications practices; Identify new opportunities for the community to grow, learn from each other across functional areas including email and automation, podcasting, social media, web/mobile, storytelling, content strategy, brand management, creative, design and animation, photography, videography, audience research and insights, marketing strategy and audience engagement strategy.
5% – Other duties as assigned.
The Ohio State University
Founded in 1870 as a land-grant university, The Ohio State University is one of the nation’s finest higher education institutions, with annual research expenditures of over $1 billion. Ohio State’s Columbus campus sits within the nation’s 14th most populous city, which has been recognized not only as the fastest-growing city in the Midwest but also as an emerging hub for high-tech companies and a center for education, healthcare, and the arts. Over 67,700 students attend Ohio State’s main campus and regional campuses in Lima, Mansfield, Marion, and Newark, and the Agricultural Technical Institute co-located with the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center in Wooster. In addition to its regional importance, Ohio State has a national and global impact. Many graduates remain in Ohio, but alumni are found across the world. The Ohio State University boasts 600,000 living alumni, and its endowment stands at over $7.0 billion.
The university has an astonishing intellectual range with 15 academic colleges and a wealth of disciplines. All the colleges are on the Columbus campus, which opens the possibility of working across units. The institution has enormous ambition; through its strategic planning efforts, Ohio State aspires to be the absolute model of a 21st-century land-grant university, enabling people from ordinary backgrounds to achieve the extraordinary. Students are exposed to a vast array of ideas, experiences, and cultures at Ohio State; inclusive excellence is a central tenet of the institution.
It might be expected that size would be an impediment to innovation at such a comprehensive institution. Not so at Ohio State. The university is serious about taking innovation in teaching and learning to scale and achieve institutional success through multi-disciplinary and cross-university collaboration and engagement.
Columbus is one of the fastest-growing major metropolitan areas in the country, with a vibrant blend of arts and culture; inspired culinary, fashion, music, and entertainment scenes; exciting collegiate and professional sports; and an open, entrepreneurial spirit. Its diverse population — 109 languages are represented — makes Columbus a microcosm of America.
Ohio’s state capital is the 14th largest city in the U.S. and second largest in the Midwest behind Chicago, larger than Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Boston, Nashville, and Baltimore. The population of the greater Columbus metropolitan area is more than two million. At the same time, the cost of living in Columbus is 10 percent below the national average.
Intelligent Community Forum named Columbus one of the seven most intelligent communities in the world. The city has more PhDs than the national average and the largest concentration in the Midwest, there are 56 college and university campuses within the Columbus region.
Columbus is within 550 miles of nearly half the nation’s population. John Glenn Columbus International Airport, 10 minutes from downtown, offers more than 150 daily nonstop departures to 35 airports. During the work week, the average Columbus commute is just 23.3 minutes and can be significantly less. Learn more about Columbus.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other basis under the law.
How to Apply
Please visit https://osujoblinks.com/7q0n to find out more and apply online for job opening R88882.
Applicants should submit the following:
1. A current and comprehensive resume.
2. A letter of interest describing why you are interested in the role, why you are a good candidate for the position based on your experience, and why now is a good time for you to consider the opportunity.
All inquiries and nominations should be submitted to Allison Thomas at Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit all application materials by November 1, 2023.
The Senior Writer for Executive Communications is responsible for writing all high-level communications, including speeches, remarks, communications strategies and correspondence for the President in pursuit of the strategic goals of the university. Reporting to the Vice President for Marketing and Communications (MarCom), and working closely with the President and the Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations, the Senior Writer for Executive Communications is also responsible for coordinating and writing presidential statements and correspondence in response to controversial issues and noteworthy events.
The person in this role will also be responsible for working with Development on selected key materials in support of the University’s philanthropic program, such as compelling campaign endowment proposals and materials in support of the comprehensive campaign. Based on dynamic interaction with the President, the VP MarCom and the VP for Development, the incumbent will develop strategies and messaging that effectively advance the President’s strategic priorities for the university. The Presidential Writer also works closely with other members of MarCom, Development and Alumni Relations, as well as other units across campus to coordinate messaging and enhance the President’s position as a thought leader.
The Senior Writer for Executive Communications will be expected to cultivate close and effective working relationships with the academic deans and faculty, members of the offices of the Provost, the Chief Experience Officer, Strategy and Community Outreach, Chief Financial Officer, and Equity and Inclusion. These relationships will allow the Presidential Writer to effectively develop communication strategies for the President’s messaging.
The Senior Writer for Executive Communications will also work on various writing for the Offices of Development and Alumni Relations, as well as MarCom. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing as a writer for various communications, including internal communications as needed.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review’s “The Best 387 Colleges”. Quinnipiac has been named a “Great College to Work For” as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
Presidential messages: 45%
• Draft all formal written communications from the President, including: messages to the campus community, alumni, trustees, and parents; articles, op-eds, and correspondence in Quinnipiac publications and external publications . Draft talking points and full speeches that the President uses in various venues. This may include speeches to large groups, remarks at receptions for faculty, donors, parents, or students, and talking points in small settings on campus and off campus.
Development and Alumni Relations communications: 30%
• The Senior Writer for Executive Communications will serve as the lead strategic writer for high end materials that will help to engage alumni, parents, friends, corporations and foundations in Quinnipiac University’s philanthropic program. This will include materials in support of the University’s comprehensive campaign as well as compelling and personalized campaign endowment proposals, including proposals for foundations and corporations that will secure transformational philanthropy for the University, stewardship letters and reports, as well as speeches and event scripts. The Presidential Writer will work closely with Development on these matters.
Other communications duties: 10%
• Responsible for communications projects as assigned by the Vice President for MarCom, including drafting internal communications for the university
Presidential communications and messaging strategy: 10%
• Conduct research regarding topics, individuals, and issues to ensure that all presidential remarks are informed and current, and reflect most favorably on the president and the university. Coordinate with others in MarCom, Development and Alumni Relations, and the academic administration in the development and implementation of a presidential communications and messaging strategy that reflects the president’s goals and initiatives and enhances the president’s role as a thought leader. While not responsible for drafting every message, the incumbent will coordinate with, and provide guidance to, these offices on presidential communications, and messaging to donors, alumni, parents, faculty, students, and staff
Managing presidential communications efforts: 5%
• Identify areas for streamlining presidential communications efforts, and develop a strategy to fill these gaps, such as by the development of standard approaches and messaging for recurrent circumstances. Identify potential avenues to expand effective presidential communications and messaging at Quinnipiac and beyond. Coordinate with others in the Office of the President to anticipate and coordinate scheduling and all circumstances in which the President will be expected to make remarks
• Oversee email communications, especially replies to mass emails
• Undertake special projects for the President relating to communications strategy
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree preferred
• Five or more years of demonstrated experience working within complex organizations, including experience writing and providing communications advice to senior leadership. Fewer years of direct experience may be acceptable if the candidate demonstrates other relevant outstanding experience and abilities
• Superb writing skills
• Higher education administrative experience is desirable
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with diverse internal and external constituent groups
• Ability to analyze, understand and communicate complex issues
• Values and respects diversity as an individual, in a team and within groups while fostering an inclusive and supportive environment
• Unquestionably superb writing skills – ability to write effectively and clearly across a range of media – often while working under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to exhibit accuracy and an attention to detail in all their work, whether with the President or with colleagues across campus or contacts outside the institution
• Possess an ability to capture the distinctive voice of the President in speeches, remarks and correspondence
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include:
1. A resume
2. A cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
3. Three (3) Writing Samples
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4661224
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.