3AF 2020 Accomplishments
Despite the many challenges during the COVID-19 Pandemic in 2020, the 3AF made great progress fulfilling our mission statement “to advance the Asian American marketing and advertising industry for Asian American consumers through education, advocacy, promotion, and increased collaboration of all industry stakeholders including but not limited to marketers, agencies, research partners and media. Additionally, 3AF seeks to promote and encourage high standards of conduct and ethics among our members and our industry.”
- First 3AF Virtual Summit with more than 15 panels covering cultural insights, Asian consumer research data, pivoting during the pandemic; creative storytelling; Asian Americans aged 50+, deciphering the Asian electorate and more.
- Established a 3AF Young Asian Professionals Group – to mentor and inspire our future Asian advertising and marketing leaders and help them reach their professional goals
- Collaborated with the Advertising Educational Foundation (AEF) on a Town Hall webinar, focused on anti-Asian bias and what the community can do about it.
- Expanded and enhanced webinar content: (https://www.youtube.com/c/3AFAsianAmericanAdvertisingFederation/featured)
- Invited to collaborate with AdAge on their first Town Hall spotlighting Asian Americans in advertising and marketing. The event featured and positioned five 3AF subject matter experts.
- Selected to serve as judges for ANA’s annual Multicultural Awards
- In response to COVID, established a 3AF GoFundMe Page, which has raised more than $10,000 so far: (https://www.gofundme.com/f/Donate3AF). Monies raised will help 3AF, provide community resources and invest in our future leaders.
- Partnered with The Ad Council to debut/promote the first AAPI PSA campaign against pandemic related racism and xenophobia (“Fight the Virus, Fight the Bias) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocfEGYD_Xw
- Presented community-focused webinars: working from home during COVID, small business tips, anti-Asian discrimination campaigns, communicating during crisis, how live events have grown during the pandemic. http://www.3af.org/resources/corona/
- Curated a COVID-19 resources page on the 3AFwebsite; (http://www.3af.org/resources/corona/)
- Secured “Fight the Virus, Fight the Bias” pro-bono airtime with Asian American media
Strengthened and/or Established Key Partnerships
- Advertising Educational Foundation (AEF)
- Alliance for Inclusive Multicultural Marketing (AIMM)
- Culture Marketing Council