- About Us
- Find An Expert
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
The Asian American Advertising Federation is proud to announce our launch of the Next Gen leaders program.
The program is designed to be targeted & focused on helping rising leaders in the Asian American Pacific Islanders in the marketing, advertising, and creative industry.
As an often underrepresented and fragmented group within these fields, the NextGen program seeks to serve as a learning resource for rising leaders , with industry professionals to empower them in their careers. It also seeks to serve as a learning opportunity & resource for the industry professionals to connect with up & coming talent – which hopes to provide them with insights into the new generation of consumer advocates.
Mentees and Mentors will be matched through the program and will meet once a month over the period of six months.
Each month there will be a specific theme or topic to discuss, set by 3AF steering committee, which will provide an opportunity for Mentors and Mentees to learn from one another, hopefully forging a long term relationship.
Next Gen & Mentors will also get a chance to connect with one another in the program through monthly speaker series, workshops, and happy hours. Not only will they get a chance to learn from Industry Professionals, but they’ll get a chance to learn from others like them whom are going through similar stages in their professional careers from all around the Country.
Mentees/Mentors will also receive other perks, like opportunities to meet & greet with 3AF Board, early access & discounts to workshops & panels, and other industry resources
• <10 years of professional experience in marketing, communications, advertising (career pivoters are welcome!)
• Dedicated & committed to making the most of your time with your mentor
• Want to work on specific action item
• Willing to bring new perspective
• 10+ years of industry experience
• Dedicated & committed to spending time with your mentees
• Openness to open your network to help Mentees
• Share your personal journey & help mentees shape theirs
**Program will run April – October 2021 | 6 Month Commitment
March 1 – Deadline to Apply
March 1 – 15 – Select & Partner Mentors & Mentees
March 15- 22– Confirm participation by all Mentors & Mentees
March 23 – Announce Selections of Mentors & Mentees
April – Start Program / First Meeting
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL COMMITMENTS
• 1 x Monthly Meeting w/ Mentors
• 1 x Monthly Meeting w/ Young Professionals Group for workshops, speakers & happy hours
• 1 x Orientation Meeting w/ 3AF
• 1 x Monthly Meeting w/ Young Professionals
• 1 x Orientation Meeting w/ 3AF
MONTHLY CONTENT THEMES:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
I can’t join this time, but would like to be considered for the future – is that possible?
Absolutely! Please email us at YPG@3AF.org to be contacted in the future!
How many people will you be accepting this time around?
All applications are welcome! Depending on interest from mentees & mentors, we’ll adjust the program accordingly.
How do I become a Mentor?
If you’d like to be considered as a mentor, we’d LOVE to have you. We are seeking industry professionals with knowledge to share & a passion to teach! Please contact us at YPG@3AF.org with “Mentor” in the subject line.
Questions? Please email us at YPG@3AF.org