- About Us
- Find An Expert
Position Snapshot: The James Madison College (JMC), Michigan State University’s renowned residential college in public and international affairs, seeks a strategic thinker and skilled storyteller for the position of Marketing and Communications Director. Reporting to the Dean, this position provides leadership in the development and execution of strategic, organizational and brand communications that support the college’s overall strategic priorities. Working with the Dean and college leadership, this position will work collaboratively across the organization to develop and execute a robust, multi-channel communications plan that conveys the JMC’s reputation of excellence, raises visibility of the college nationally and internationally, and communicates effectively with core stakeholders including students, faculty, prospective faculty, donors and alumni.
This position will work in conjunction with university central communications (University Communications) to identify and develop content that highlights the college and builds affinity and esteem for Michigan State University.
The position reports administratively and functionally to James Madison College but interacts regularly with University Communications for the purposes of collaboration and alignment with regard to institutional level activities.
Position Summary: The Marketing and Communications Manager in JMC will be responsible for strategy development and execution of all college communications, project and vendor management, website development and maintenance through the university’s content management system, as well as development of social media strategy and the maintenance of social properties including metrics and analytics. Duties involve managing relationships and assignments with faculty and staff to ensure that deadlines are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Plans and executes the college’s communications strategy in conjunction with the dean and other staff. (25%)
2. Oversees publicity such as the college’s annual newsletter for alumni, college handbook, and University publications; and is responsible for college crisis communication. (40%)
• Researches material, interviews individuals, and collects information in order to compose articles, press releases, promotional pieces, reports, or catalogs in print or electronic media for distribution to target audiences.
• Reviews and/or edits layouts, drafts, and information in order to check for content, readability, and style. Monitors various publications and electronic sources of news and commentary for potential relevance to unit activities.
3. Plans, executes and monitors social media strategy and engages with external audiences in electronic forums. Assists with web page design, maintenance, and content management. (25%)
4. Represents unit at functions, professional organizations, industry organizations, community and related external events. (10%)
• Interacts with stakeholder groups in order to engage and promote unit programs.
• Interacts with other University departments including Communications & Brand
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop integrated communications plan to meet the needs of the college using owned, earned and social media channels to drive supportive actions.
• Demonstrate expert ability to craft compelling stories that communicate the far-reaching impact of James Madison College.
• Engage in brand management to consistently present the college in all channels while ensuring alignment with university brand standards.
• Manage databases to ensure effective and efficient communications with critical constituencies including students, faculty, staff and alumni.
• Support the recruitment and retention of top faculty.
• Support alumni and donor engagement to drive supportive action including advocacy, volunteering and philanthropy.
• Manage media relations to cultivate, create and pitch positive stories to gain national, regional and local media placement.
• Assist and support training of college faculty and leadership to effectively act as experts for media inquiries.
• Develop and maintain crisis communications plan. Act as primary media contact and liaise with university central communications with regard to issues management and crisis communications.
• Coordinate with university central communications to leverage research expertise and to access enterprise marketing technology platforms.
• Educate Dean, Administration, Faculty, and Staff on marketing and communications
• Develop Web CMS training and protocols
• Establish metrics and use analytics data to ensure continuous improvement of marketing communications programs
• Develop and implement communication strategies along with other College staff members to support the recruitment of students to the college
• Manage student staff
• Complete other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements: The job requires a Bachelor’s degree and knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Journalism, Telecommunications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or related field; three to five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in public and media relations; composing, editing and publication production; news, broadcasting, and print media; and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services; graphic design; word processing; desktop publishing; web design;
presentation; spreadsheet and/or database software; public presentation or radio production; or computer programming/technology; and/or experience in a field related to area of employment; may require management and supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Normal business hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends.
Desired Requirements: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to quickly draft publications and communications pieces; excellent organizational and time management skills; strong interpersonal skills; experience in social media management; demonstrated ability to work both
collaboratively and independently.
Strong multi-tasking ability; experience working in a complex organization; training and experience working with Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud or similar programs; demonstrated experience with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Process: Posting is available at https://careers.msu.edu, posting #728342. Please submit a cover letter, resume, a portfolio of your work product including at least one writing sample and contact information for 3 professional references. Applications close on September 30, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Special Instructions: The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/.
AARP is recruiting for a new position focused on communications and outreach for our multi-state legislative campaigns, with a special emphasis on reaching multicultural audiences. We are looking for an experienced public relations pro with a background in a political/advocacy or agency environment, who possesses exemplary writing skills, and the ability to learn, understand and communicate complex issues quickly.
Our Campaigns unit works with AARP’s 53 State Offices to run high-impact state legislative efforts that advance policies ranging from caregiving, long-term care, and Medicaid expansion to high-speed internet.
If you know a qualified candidate who may be interested in joining our fast-paced team, please let me know. Telework is an option!
Business Unit Description
The Campaigns unit is responsible for the planning and execution of all advocacy and public education campaigns assigned by the Portfolios planning process or by the Executive Vice President of the State and National Group. The Campaigns unit partners with Government Affairs and States and Communities in developing and executing campaigns. The work of the Campaigns unit falls into the following areas:
• National and Federal Campaigns
• Multi-State Campaigns
• Individual State Campaigns
The Multistate & Multicultural Campaign Outreach Advisor serves as the lead for advocacy outreach and communication on designated multistate campaign(s), including but not limited to Utilities: energy, and high-speed internet, developing communication strategies and tactics as well as outreach materials for use by state offices, and providing strategic counsel to drive the campaign. The Advisor also develops and implements communication strategies to reach multicultural audiences as part of the designated campaign(s), and provides guidance on multicultural outreach for all multistate campaigns. The Advisor along with the Senior Advisor, Multistate Campaign Outreach serves as a primary writer and editor for the team. The role reports to the VP, Campaigns Outreach, and works closely with the Senior Advisor, Multistate Campaign Outreach.
1. Coordinates with Campaign Manager, Government Affairs leads, Senior Advisor, Multistate Campaign Outreach, State Offices, and colleagues across AARP to develop overarching communications strategy in support of designated multistate campaign(s), which may also involve federal advocacy. Participates in ongoing meetings with the AARP-wide team to assess and adjust strategies, tactics, and messages throughout the campaigns to achieve objectives.
2. Updates message framework for designated multistate campaign(s). Synthesizes a wide range of policy and legislative information, as well as research and polling data, to ensure that message is communicated in a way that protects and strengthens the AARP brand, raises awareness, and drives legislative and grassroots action.
3. Provides advocacy communication counsel to State Offices as well as assistance to implement approved messaging across all methods of communication to impact key policy-makers and opinion leaders, raise awareness and drive action among AARP activists and the general public, and influence local and state media. This includes, but is not limited to, creating and facilitating the purchase of paid media, developing and facilitating fielding of public-opinion polling, writing and/or editing earned media assets, and developing and/or editing social media assets.
4. Works closely and collaboratively with Government Affairs to understand specifics of state and/or federal priorities, including but not limited to legislation and regulation, so to create and provide solid messaging and communication guidance for the designated campaign(s). Coordinates with Government Affairs on outreach planning and timing for the designated campaign(s), and includes Government Affairs along with other stakeholders in the content creation process.
5. Provides communication counsel, including tangible tactical guidance, on reaching multicultural audiences to the Senior Advisor, Multistate Campaign Outreach, and the other Multistate Campaign Outreach Advisors as they develop and implement multicultural outreach strategies and tactics for their assigned multistate campaigns.
6. Creates and executes multicultural outreach strategies and tactics for the designated multistate campaign.
7. Tracks, and reports multicultural outreach strategies and tactics for each multistate campaign, including quantifiable metrics of success, and serves as the multicultural lead for multistate campaign outreach across the enterprise.
8. Develops and updates templates for a wide variety of communication and grassroots materials for use in designated multistate campaigns.
9. Works with Brand Center of Excellence and advocacy advertising agency to develop advocacy advertising and collateral that effectively support state campaigns and that are fully integrated with other campaign tactics. Oversees Brand budget for the designated campaign(s). Also works with Research Center of Excellence on state surveys of registered voters related to designated multistate legislative campaigns.
10. Coordinates with Integrated Communications and Marketing to maximize delivery of campaign messaging on all appropriate AARP channels, and tell our story on advocacy-in-progress as well as success, while also coordinating internal communication to raise the visibility of designated campaign(s), and promote message consistency
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, and/or Marketing. Minimum of 3 years of experience related to requirements outlined, preferably in an agency or political/advocacy environment that involved communication outreach to multicultural audiences. Must think strategically, possess exemplary public relations writing skills, and the ability to learn, understand and communicate complex issues quickly to various audiences, while contributing fully to a fast-paced, dynamic team. Further, must demonstrate proven ability to coordinate and facilitate projects that include cross-functional stakeholders.
Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
As a result of the COVID pandemic, all interviews will be held virtually and all non-essential employees will continue to work remotely until further notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The Social and Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of social media and digitally-based marketing campaigns for the agency’s roster of clients. This includes, but isn’t limited to, developing strategies to build award-winning campaigns, maximizing reach through creative solutions and consumer engagement that are conducive to demonstrable ROI. This role will require the candidate to have experience and expertise in both the Asian American and general consumer markets.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Setting clear objectives for team members. Overseeing workflow and monitoring productivity. Providing guidance and support through coaching. Resolving issues within the team or on an individual basis offering constructive feedback as needed. Foster knowledge-sharing across all disciplines to ensure collaborative and informed work.
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Program Associate – Marketing to join SciLine.
This individual will play a leading role researching and implementing marketing strategies aimed at increasing the depth and breadth of SciLine’s journalist and scientist user base and, ultimately, maximizing the program’s public impact. A competitive candidate will have a concrete understanding of the principles and methods of marketing practices relevant to a mission-driven, nonprofit service, and ideally will have specific knowledge of or experience with the interests and needs of journalists and/or scientists. SciLine is looking for someone who is undaunted and even excited by the challenge of helping this young but increasingly influential program become an even more widely recognized and relied-upon service.
Are you ready to be a Force for Science?
What You’ll Do
Website Production & Publishing
Submit a resume, cover letter outlining qualifications and interest, and portfolio in the position by September 8, 2021. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
The NYU School of Professional Studies seeks a Visiting Clinical Assistant Professor of Integrated Marketing for the Division of Programs in Business effective September 1, 2021.
Faculty in this position will teach within our graduate, continuing education, or executive education programs; develop course curricula and new programs; advise students; collaborate with other faculty and industry partners; and engage with the broader NYUSPS academic community, as appropriate. The typical teaching expectation is the equivalent of three courses in both fall and spring semesters. This faculty position will lead the launch of a new executive graduate program, and the successful candidate will have a strong professional working understanding of the priorities of senior leaders in Marketing and PR. The ideal candidate bridges theory and practice, and has preferably worked in a senior industry role applying insights and analysis to the management of marketing and/or public relations functions. Candidates should have experience working with a diverse base of professionals and/or teaching a diverse population of students,
Visiting faculty appointments are for nine months and are renewable for up to one additional year. All faculty members are expected to be active contributors to meeting the applied professional goals of the division and part of the continuing investments in research and pedagogy and corporate collaboration.
Reporting to the Associate Dean of the Division of Programs in Business, the visiting clinical assistant professor will work closely with the Academic Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications to implement the vision for expanding the division’s programs in marketing and communications, and to increase these initiatives’ profile and visibility locally, nationally and internationally. The visiting clinical assistant professor will work directly with industry professionals and academics to advance the applied professional mission of the division and the department of Integrated Marketing and Communications.
Candidates should have a minimum of a master’s degree and present evidence of a distinguished career as a practitioner and/or outstanding pedagogical skills, including classroom performance, curriculum development and teaching innovation in the areas listed above. Preference is given to candidates with a terminal degree in their area of expertise.
About the Division of Programs in Business
The NYU Division of Programs in Business provides applied, professional education for students interested in becoming leaders in the functional areas of a business: marketing, human resources, management and technology, finance. Students from around the world are immersed in highly relevant curricular and co-curricular experiences that combine academic theory and the rich professional expertise of industry practitioners with global experience, rooted in New York City’s business community. This creates a dynamic teaching and learning environment in which students gain and apply practical skills to solve complex, real-world problems of business and society. The Division of Programs in Business is committed to the School’s mission of bringing diverse and cross-disciplinary perspectives and the principles of inclusion into academics.
The Division of Programs in Business offers both credit and non-credit programs. In the most recent academic year, there were more than 2,000 graduate students in seven Master’s programs and 1,000 noncredit enrollments in various career advancement and continuing education programs.
The review of credentials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, please submit materials before the priority deadline of August 9, 2021. Note: applications will still be considered after the priority deadline.
NYU appreciates all applications but can only respond to qualified candidates.
To apply, go to: apply.interfolio.com/90889
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/sustainability.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
ODK Media, Inc. is an online streaming media service provider. Our core Platforms, OnDemandKorea.com, OnDemandChina.com, OnDemandViet.com and OnDemandLatino provide the opportunity to connect people with stories to create unique experiences. We celebrate the best in entertainment, technology and culture across our services.
ODK Media has multiple open job positions. Please refer to our career page on the link below, where you will be able to apply directly for a job in our Fullerton Office.
To Apply: Please apply directly on the website by clicking on the job post.
Intertrend, founded in 1991, has had the same goal since it opened 29 years ago—to help marketers reach the Asian American audience in a culturally relevant way to generate real business results. Since then, we have worked with the leading consumer brands in automotive, telecom, insurance, banking, financial services, entertainment, retail, packaged goods and energy to connect with Asian consumers.
We believe the heart of any successful marketing campaign lies in understanding the business challenge and how we can resolve that tension by connecting with the consumer in a culturally relevant way. We start by working with our clients and agency partners to set business and communication goals, uncover actionable insights that inform the strategy and creative, put into place a measurement plan and then track the performance of the campaign
Works with multiple teams to help provide business and consumer insights and further develop marketing, communications, and/or business strategies.
· Passionate: Have a passion for Asian cultures, proficiency of an Asian culture is a plus.
· Left and right brained: Creative problem solver who works to inspire creative teams to come up with innovative ideas combined with an analytical thinker who has the strong ability to assess data and develop data-driven insights and stories to achieve business and marketing goals
· Half glass full: Optimistic and motivating. You see opportunities in challenges and inspire others to be bold, do more, and want more
· Curious: An insatiable desire to learn and discover the unknown, especially about people and business
· See the big picture and pay attention to the details: You tackle problems with a strategic mind regarding the entire perspective of a situation and at the same time appreciate details make the difference
Personal Computer proficiency; MS Office preferred Keynote, Excel, PowerPoint. Google Drive
Normal office environment. Occasional travel to supported markets or clients may be required.
Educational Testing Service (ETS), with headquarters in Princeton, NJ, is a global not for profit organization whose mission is to advance quality and equity in education. With more than 2,600 global employees, we develop, administer, and score more than 50 million tests annually in more than 180 countries at more than 9,000 locations worldwide.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to manage digital experiences across our Global Higher Ed Business product portfolio. The incumbent will create visitor web experiences that tie seamlessly with media, demand gen and social campaigns, and drive quality visitor traffic and conversions/sign ups. The incumbent will also take a lead in digital strategy, interfacing with key contacts across the Global Higher Ed Business such as Brand, SBU, Academic Partnerships/Client Relations, SMG Marketing and Legal on messaging strategy, content development, and campaign execution.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, possible relocation assistance and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth.
For a full list of position responsibilities and to apply please visit the following link: Strategic Marketing Manager
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.
An exciting career in journalism can be found at KTSF, a rewarding place to work that fulfills a valuable community service
KTSF is seeking a Chinese-speaking News Reporter and Writer for its live, Chinese-language newscasts.
Duties and Responsibilities: The person needs to shoot produce, write and edit news for broadcast, on-line and social media. This job, which offers a hybrid work schedule, may include anchoring live news broadcasts.
Qualifications: B.A. degree or higher in related field is required. A minimum of one year of translation work, writing, reporting in broadcast news or equivalent. Must speak/write and have excellent command of Chinese and English is required. Valid CA driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance.
The Public Relations Manager serves as a leader within the Strategic Communications team responsible for developing external communications initiatives that enhance the St. Jude brand, expand its reach and visibility and drive engagement.
This individual supports the Director of Strategic Communications with the day-to-day management and operations of Public Relations, leading a team of professional communicators in the development of strategies across paid, earned, shared and owned (PESO). The Public Relations Manager will serve as a media point of contact and official spokesperson for ALSAC, which includes maintaining and nurturing relationships with media outlets and other key partners to drive coverage through storytelling to reach and expand target audiences.
ALSAC is an equal employment opportunity employer.
ALSAC does not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected status.