AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into ‘Real Possibilities’ by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world’s largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP.
Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM) is a multimedia, service-focused communications and marketing operation that leads in shaping the impression of AARP by providing communications planning, marketing, support and execution for AARP’s strategic business units.
Supports the significance of consumer experience (CX) metrics through iterative testing and measurement of break-fix and breakthrough initiatives. Tests the elasticity of CX metrics and ROI through proofs-of-concept, proving the value of improved experiences, as well as capturing learnings that can be applied to future progress towards AARP’s consumer commitment in partnership with team colleagues.
- Maintains end-to-end involvement in developing testing strategies, ideation and design of tests, defining measures of success, setting up test and control groups, reporting out on testing results to external teams, and collaborating on how to iterate and improve.
- Leads the tracking/reporting of data on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to assess campaign performance and recommend related strategies. Translates results from data into clear and actionable insights that are relevant to defined goals.
- Assesses trends and insights using multiple data sets and large amounts of data. Synthesizes direct and indirect data into a cohesive, actionable story for internal teams.
- Researches and recommends what additional data should be tracked to establish actionable customer experience metrics that represent what matters most to AARP members.
- Ensures that customer insights are disseminated, understood, and used as the basis for development and enhancements of innovative products and services.
- Ensures adherence to project schedules and deliverable timelines.
- Conducts data analysis and interpretation.
- Ensures data integrity and accuracy.
- Develops insights reports and dashboards.
- Incorporates advanced analytics into customer insights and properly packages business insights and findings for consumption.
- Identifies early warning signals and opportunistic approaches from insights gathered.
- Provides insights and solutions, where needed to keep projects moving forward.
- Ensures communication channels between all business units are in place and works effectively at all times on any particular projects so that all are informed of current project status and any potential issues that could impact a project as they arise.
- Manages expectations through clear and frequent communications.
Escalates stalled projects without disenfranchising cross-organizational stakeholders.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of proven experience in putting the consumer first in a CX or related discipline.
- Has a customer experience and program/project management background, with a proven ability to manage peer groups toward a common goal.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with groups internal and external to AARP, as well as be comfortable organizing and manipulating data to uncover insights and answer business questions.
- Must have experience with A/B and multivariate testing, know how to work in a collaborative manner, and have strong project management experience and communications skills at all levels.
- Strong experience with Excel is required and experience with analytics or data visualization tools is desired, including Adobe Analytic and Tableau.
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.